elthinks

Sunday, September 18, 2005

er...

*hangs head in shame*

Yes, yes...it has been a very long time since I've blogged, and the reason for the silence is NOT a lack of happenings.
I could avoid personal responsibility and blame the Writer's Block Demons, or blame my "busy" schedule, or blame the visitors to my room, or blame...

huh.

No such luck. I hereby apologize for my disgusting laziness in maintaining this blog. The tone overhanging the last post was anything but positive, and my life at present little reflects the sombre, downbeat mood in that post.

*drum roll*

I have found my church!!

First Baptist. A place where my eyes were opened to the universality of God's family. A place where I wept at the beauty of the unity of the Lord's body at the Lord's table. A place where I experienced what it meant to worship the same God in a different place and with different people. A place I finally felt I could call my spiritual home...

The church is not unlike PCC, in terms of size, demographic, preaching style, and worship flavor. The congregation is a decent mix of young and old, with a large representation of the universities and schools in the vicinity (mine included). They are strong in the Word, authentic in their faith and exuberant in their passion. The preaching is expository, much like at PCC.
Most importantly, I experienced God's leading right there in the building.

How do you know when you've found the right church? You just know. Seriously. If anyone had said that to me when I asked that question, I would have to restrain my tingling fingers from slapping them in the face. Honestly. To my clouded and frustrated mind at that moment of uncertain searching, such an answer did not seem helpful. But it is. Beyond what I can comprehend.

You just know. When the Holy Spirit leads you, when the Shepherd speaks, you know. My sheep know My voice. The peace in your heart, the confirming counsel of your authorities...the witness of the Holy Spirit. You just know. I can't explain it. I wish I could! Perhaps with more mulling, I'll be able to. But not right now. I just can't explain it. There's our incomprehensible God for you. He works in ways we cannot see; he will make a way for you.

If someone were to ask me for counsel and encouragement in his/her "church-hunting" experience, I would give the same [lovely! ;)] answers that were given me from my friends and family, thank God for them. Trust God. And of course, know what it is you need, and what you are looking for. And...yeah. Trust God. ;)

It takes a while for me to gel into a community, so I don't expect to be completely comfortable with everyone and everything in the church so soon. But I am getting there quick. I love the unity in the church, the warmth, the passion, the solidness. It's real here, just like in PCC. God is here. And that's the most important. God is here, and His presence makes the church building more than a building; He makes the building an unspeakably beautiful venue of worship and loving community and healing and power.

Love Him.

3 Comments:

  • Great! Just blog as and when you need to... u're not obligated to anyone to do it regularly, are u?

    By Blogger shades, at 12:54 AM  

  • nahh...not really "obligated" la...it's just that i kind of promised to keep my buddies in penang updated on what's going on in my life through this medium...and the reason for feeling bad for not blogging is that quite a bit has transpired during the blog-silence...

    By Blogger Joel Chan, at 4:58 AM  

  • Glad that you are no longer "church-less"... Continue to let your "akar" grow deeper & deeper in HIM...
    =P

    By Blogger Claire Bear, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home